Revival Palace Community Program
Revival Palace is a community located in Gisozi, Kigali Rwanda. Revival Palace runs a church, a school and numerous community initiatives. The Revival Palace Community Project will empower locals to be a resource to their local community in the areas of education, counseling and small business:
- Education support through provision of buildings, furniture and student sponsorship to children too impoverished to be able to afford school. This is achieved through the 100 Children of Hope Scholarship Program.
- Teacher training for non-government schools not able to attend existing Hope Education Team training using the same syllabus and resources.
- Counseling support will train identified leaders within the community. Educating them in the areas of depression, trauma, sexual abuse and grief and loss.
- Train and equip locals in the area of small business. This provides income generating opportunities and skills to develop further employment and self sustainability. We work with a local tailoring business and through workshops and classes for making crafts to sell as souvenirs in shops and markets. We have donated sewing machines and craft supplies to help provide the necessary capital for these ventures.
- The also have a school called: Fruits of Hope Academy established by a local leader and passionate teacher. They are currently expanding to make room for more students.
Pictured: A HOPE: Education teacher trainer greeting children of Fruits of Hope Academy in 2011. This classroom was being held in the local church building for lack of space. New classrooms will open in 2012.
The Revival Palace Community Project has grown from a close relationship with the people at Bathurst CLC in Bathurst NSW Australia who have a long association and love for Rwanda and Hope: Global.
Fred Buyinza - Fruits of Hope School Rwanda from HOPE: Global on Vimeo.